Community Forum Archive

The Epilepsy Community Forums are closed, and the information is archived. The content in this section may not be current or apply to all situations. In addition, forum questions and responses include information and content that has been generated by epilepsy community members. This content is not moderated. The information on these pages should not be substituted for medical advice from a healthcare provider. Experiences with epilepsy can vary greatly on an individual basis. Please contact your doctor or medical team if you have any questions about your situation. For more information, learn about epilepsy or visit our resources section.


Mon, 02/09/2015 - 20:55

Greetings!  I've been told I should open a "Special Needs Trust" for my husband so that should we have monies that go over my income amount allowed he would not lose his Social Security disability medical coverage... Toward that I'm told we need to get a Durable Financial Power of Attorney... So far I'm finding costs of $250 for the power of attorney and $1500 to start a trust via a lawyer.  I guess one can start the trust straight with a bank if one has the power of attorney... We keep getting different answers.  Anybody have any thoughts?  I only have email at work after hours for the most part so bear with me if I am not on here a lot... :)

Sign Up for Emails

Stay up to date with the latest epilepsy news, stories from the community, and more.