Honor Commitment to New Epilepsy Therapies
The Epilepsy Foundation welcomes nominations for the 2022 Lifetime Accelerator Award to be presented at the upcoming Epilepsy Foundation Pipeline Conference in Santa Clara, CA, March 3-4, 2022.
The Lifetime Accelerator Award was established in 2012 to honor physicians, scientists, industry leaders, and others who have demonstrated a lifelong commitment to bringing new therapies to people living with epilepsy. Recipients are chosen by an independent committee of global thought leaders and clinical investigators in epilepsy and seizure therapy discovery and development.
Criteria for Nomination
- Individuals who have demonstrated a lifelong commitment to bringing new therapies to people living with epilepsy.
- Nominated individuals cannot have been awarded previously.
- The person nominating must complete ALL sections of the nomination form.
Download, Complete, and Submit the Nomination Form
- 2021: Emilio Perucca, MD, PhD, Professor at the University of Pavia, Italy
- 2020: Mary Ann Brodie, Executive Director, Epilepsy Study Consortium
- 2019: Prof. Martin J. Brodie, Clinical and Research Director of the Epilepsy Unit at Western Infirmary, University of Glasgow
- 2018: Wolfgang Löscher DVM, PhD, Head, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover and Head, Center for Systems Neuroscience Hannover
- 2017: Elinor Ben-Menachem MD, Professor of Neurology at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2016: Jack Pellock MD, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutics at Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2015: Roger J. Porter MD, academic and pharmaceutical industry consultant and past Chief Scientific Officer of the Foundation
- 2014: H. Steven White PhD, Professor of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Principal Investigator of the (NIH)-sponsored Anticonvulsant Drug Development Program at the University of Utah College of Pharmacy
- 2013: Henrik Klitgaard PhD, Vice President, Head CNS Research, UCB
- 2012: Harvey Kupferberg PhD, past Chief of the Preclinical Pharmacology Section, Epilepsy Branch, NINDS, NIH