Epilepsy Attorney Network
Calling All Attorneys: We Need Your Help!
People with epilepsy face discrimination and legal problems in all walks of life, usually due to myths, misperceptions, and fear of what epilepsy is and what it is not.
- People with epilepsy have been subjected to discrimination that prevents them from participating fully in life.
- They may face false criminal or civil charges due to misunderstandings or fear of epilepsy.
- People with seizures who are imprisoned face mistreatment or lack of medical treatment in prisons. They have been subjected to life-threatening conditions due to poor treatment and misunderstanding of seizures.
We welcome attorneys in all areas of the law to join our Legal Defense Fund and help provide consultations and service to people with epilepsy and their families. We need lawyers who are committed to ending discrimination against people living with epilepsy.
- By joining our network, you agree to provide up to three hours of pro bono service.
- If appropriate, we would like our network attorneys to consider, if appropriate, providing additional services pro bono, on a sliding scale or on a contingency fee basis.
How To Join Our Network
Please register here and provide information about you and your practice. All credentials will be verified by the Epilepsy Foundation before an attorney is included in the network. You may also contact us by email at email@example.com.
Support Our Mission
Help support our programs and services like the Jeanne A. Carpenter Legal Defense Fund.
Click here to donate now.
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.