Network Growth & Publications
The Epilepsy Learning Healthcare System is proud to celebrate network successes and growth from 2020 with the at-a-glance infographic below. You can learn more about the ELHS journey last year from Dr. Kathleen Farrell, ELHS Program Director & Alison Kukla, ELHS Community Core Lead in a brief video update.
The ELHS Leadership team is incredibly grateful to all ELHS members and partners for their hard work and dedicated support. The ‘wins’ of 2020 set the foundation for additional growth in 2021, and we will continue driving improvement of outcomes for all people with epilepsy.
If you’re interested in joining ELHS, email email@example.com
2020 In Review
ELHS In The News And Publications
- Telemedicine can support measurable and high-quality epilepsy care during the COVID-19 pandemic
By Lidia M.V.R. Moura, Maria A. Donahue, Jason R. Smith, et al.
Published April 2021 in American Journal of Medical Quality
- Establishing a Learning Healthcare System to improve health outcomes for people with epilepsy
By Maria A. Donahue, Susan T. Herman, Deepika Dass, et al.
Published December 2020 in Epilepsy & Behavior
- Putting the network to work: Learning networks in rapid response situations
By Alexandra H. Vinson
Published October 2020 in Learning Health Systems
- The benefits of Telehealth visits for patients with epilepsy
By Brandy Fureman
Published September 2020 in USA Today, Neurological Disorders Insert Implementing standardized provider documentation in a tertiary epilepsy clinic
By Felipe J.S. Jones, Jason R. Smith, Neishay Ayub, Susan T. Herman, Jeffrey R. Buchhalter, Brandy E. Fureman, Sydney S. Cash, Daniel B. Hoch, Lidia M.V.R. Moura
Published July 2020 in Neurology
- Using Epilepsy Patient Data to Improve Health Outcomes
By Brandy Fureman
Published March 2020 in USA Today, Neurological Disorders Insert
- A feasibility assessment of functioning and quality-of-life patient-reported outcome measures in adult epilepsy clinics: A systematic review.
By Jones FJS, Ezzeddine FL, Herman ST, Buchhalter J, Fureman B, Moura LMVR
Published January 2020 in Epilepsy & Behavior
- Implementation of quality measures and patient-reported outcomes in an epilepsy clinic
By Lidia M.V.R. Moura, Brandon Magliocco, John P. Ney, Eric M.Cheng, Gregory J. Esper, Daniel B. Hoch.
Published November 2019 in Neurology
- Quality improvement in neurology: Epilepsy Quality Measurement Set 2017 update.
By Patel AD, Baca C, Franklin G, Herman ST, Hughes I, Meunier L, Moura LMVR, Munger Clary H, Parker-McFadden B, Pugh MJ, Schultz RJ, Spanaki MV, Bennett A, Josephson SA.
Published October 2018 in Neurology
Epilepsy centers provide you with a team of specialists to help you diagnose your epilepsy and explore treatment options.
Find in-depth information on anti-seizure medications so you know what to ask your doctor.
Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline
Call our Epilepsy and Seizures 24/7 Helpline and talk with an epilepsy information specialist or submit a question online.
Tools & Forms
Download our seizure tracking app, print out seizure action plans, or explore other educational materials.